4/16/10

Making People Uncomfortable in Their Own Backyard Since 2010

I was accosted by a very tall and very crazy old man on the bus this morning. He looked like a coked out version of Father Time. He had been mumbling to himself the whole bus ride, but it was pretty benign stuff. I pulled the stop cord and got up out of my seat in preparation to exit. He too then stood, seemingly to also exit the bus. But he just stood there, partially blocking my path. I politely motioned with my arm for him to go ahead and he suddenly said very loudly, "YOU MAKE ME UNCOMFORTABLE IN MY OWN BACKYARD!!" I was slightly taken aback but I started to crack a smile because.....well, that was pretty funny. He apparently didn't like that so he then proceeded to yell, "GET OFF THE FUCKING BUS!! YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO BE ON HERE ANYWAY!!" I exited the bus and as I watched it pull away he was emphatically giving me the bird as he continued to yell obscenities my way. The only thing I could think to do at this point was take the advice of the Madagascar Penguins: "Just smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave."

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Alex, why are you hogging precious metro space when you don't even need to be there? Make room for more crazy people will ya?

    ReplyDelete